What We Collect
We may get information about you in a range of ways.
Information You Give Us. We may collect your name, postal address, email address, phone number, fax number, username, password, demographic information (such as your gender and occupation) as well as other information you directly give us on our Site.
Information We Get From Others. We may get information about you from other sources. We may add this to information we get from this Site.
Information Automatically Collected. We may log information about you and your computer. For example, when visiting our Site, we may log your computer operating system type, browser type, browser language, the website you visited before browsing to our Site, pages you viewed, how long you spent on a page, access times and information about your use of and actions on our Site.
Cookies. We may log information using “cookies.” Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive by a website. We may use both session Cookies (which expire once you close your web browser) and persistent Cookies (which stay on your computer until you delete them) to provide you with a more personal and interactive experience on our Site. This type of information is collected to make the Site more useful to you and to tailor the experience with us to meet your special interests and needs.
Specific Information Collected From Organizers.
If you are an Organizer, we will collect in addition to the above:
- Information you provide to us: In some cases, we may collect your credit card information (e.g., your credit card number and expiration date, billing address, etc.), some of which may constitute personal data, to secure certain payments. In addition, if you use our payment processing services, we will collect financial information from you (e.g., your bank account information or an address to send checks) as necessary to facilitate payments and information required for tax purposes (e.g., your taxpayer identification number).
- Information we obtain from other sources: We may also collect or receive personal data including your name, email address and other contact information from third party sources, such as third party websites and marketing partners, your bank, our payment processing partners and credit reporting agencies.
Specific Information Collected From Attendees.
If you are an Attendee, we will collect in addition to the above (sometimes for our own purposes and other times on behalf of an Organizer).
- Information you provide: If you register for a paid event, you will provide financial information (e.g., your credit card number and expiration date, billing address, etc.) some of which may constitute personal data. In addition, Organizers can set up event registration pages to collect virtually any information from Attendees in connection with registration for an Organizer’s event listed on the Services. StorySpaces does not control an Organizer’s registration process nor the personal data that they collect. When you register for, or otherwise provide information to StorySpaces in conjunction with an Organizer event or activity, whether that information is yours or a third party’s, in connection with a purchase, registration, or transfer, that Organizer will receive and may use the information you provide. Please see below, the subsection titled “How We Disclose and Transfer Your Personal Data: Organizers” for more information about an Organizer’s receipt and use of your personal data.
- Information we obtain from other sources: We may also collect or receive personal data from third party sources, such as Organizers, other Attendees, social media or other third party integrations, your credit card issuing bank, our payment processing partners or other third parties.
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may use your personal information as follows:
- We may use your personal information to operate, maintain, and improve our sites, products, and services.
- We may use your personal information to send information including confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages.
- We may use your personal information to protect, investigate, and deter against fraudulent, unauthorized, or illegal activity.
- We may use your personal information to provide and deliver products and services customers request.
- We may collect credit card information from you as payment for our products and services.
In addition, we allow Organizers to use our email tools to contact Attendees for their current and past events, so you may receive emails from our system that originate with such Organizers and that we send on their behalf. If you registered for an event on the Services, your email address is available to that Organizer. However, Organizers may also import the email addresses they have from external sources and send communications through the Services to those email addresses, and we will deliver those communications to those email addresses on the Organizer’s behalf. The Organizer and not StorySpaces is responsible for sending these emails. See “Opt Out from Electronic Communications” below on how to opt out of Organizer-initiated communications.
When you purchase tickets to, register for or donate to an event, transfer an event ticket or registration to another person, or otherwise input your personal data (such as through a web form), or otherwise communicate with an Organizer, or participate in or express interest in an Organizer or Organizer event or activity, that Organizer will receive the information you provide, including your personal data, and where a ticket or registration is transferred, the personal data of the transferee as well. Other third parties that are involved in or on whose behalf an event or activity is promoted, may receive that personal data as well.
We are not responsible for the actions of these Organizers, or third parties engaged by an Organizer, which may or may not be affiliated with the Organizer, to create an event on its behalf (a “Third Party Organizer”) (or other downstream recipients of your personal data), with respect to your personal data. It is important that you review the applicable policies of the Organizers, and if applicable and available, their appointed Third Party Organizers, of an event (and the related third party web page, if applicable) before providing personal data or other information in connection with that event page.
SHARING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may share personal information as follows:
- We may share personal information with your consent. For example, you may let us share personal information with others for their own marketing uses. Those uses will be subject to their privacy policies.
- We may share personal information when we do a business deal, or negotiate a business deal, involving the sale or transfer of all or a part of our business or assets. These deals can include any merger, financing, acquisition, or bankruptcy transaction or proceeding.
- We may share personal information for legal, protection, and safety purposes.
- We may share information to comply with laws.
- We may share information to respond to lawful requests and legal processes.
- We may share information in an emergency. This includes protecting the safety of you, our employees and agents, our customers, or any person.
- We may share information with those who need it to do work for us.
- In the event we collect credit card information from you, this information will only be used for business purposes and will be stored in a confidential manner.
We may also share aggregated and/or anonymized data with others for their own uses.
INFORMATION CHOICES AND CHANGES
Our marketing emails tell you how to “opt-out.” If you opt out, we may still send you non-marketing emails. Non-marketing emails include emails about your accounts and our business dealings with you. You may send requests about personal information to our Contact Information below. You can request to change contact choices, opt-out of our sharing with others, and update your personal information.
Organizers may use our email tools to send electronic communications to those on their email subscription lists, including Attendees who have registered for their events on the Services in the past. Although these electronic communications are sent through our system, StorySpaces does not determine the content or the recipients of these electronic communications. Organizers are required to use our email tools only in accordance with all applicable laws. StorySpaces provides an “Unsubscribe” link on each of these emails, which allows recipients to “opt out” of electronic communications from the particular Organizer.
Transactional or Responsive Communications.
Certain electronic communications from StorySpaces are responsive to your requests, such as emails containing your ticket or registration on behalf of an Organizer when you purchase such ticket or registration. Notwithstanding any unsubscribe election that you have made, you will still receive these transactional or responsive emails.
You are able to remove and reject cookies from our Site with most browser settings. Many browsers are set to accept cookies until you change your settings. If you remove or reject our cookies, it could affect how our Site works for you.
386 Park Avenue South, 5th Floor
New York, New York 10016